A Festive Hamper of Idealogy Bake Off Treats
In what has become a ‘Red Letter Day’ Idealogy tradition, we all hit the kitchens at the weekend to create this collection of baking masterpieces for (what we’re sure will become) the annual Idealogy Christmas Bake-Off. The results are a feast for the eyes. A fine selection of festive themed sweet and savoury delights that challenged even our ability to consume everything placed in front of us. Judge for yourself – and enjoy the festivities.
- Charlotte’s Chrispie Tree Pizza slice
- Clare’s Malteser Mound Christmas Pudding Heartstopper
- Darryl’s Chutney, Brie and Crispy Bacon Festive Puff
- Emma’s Christmas Pudding Cheesecake – a threepenny delight
- James’ Rudolph cupcakes (with pretzel antlers) – oh deer!
- Liz’s Christmas Pudding Brownie Joys
- Shelley’s Savoury and Veggie Sausage Roll Assortment
- Simon’s Festive Savoury Sausage Plait (garnished with edible festive glitter don’t you know!)
- Steve’s B’s Mincemeat Wheel Snow Bakes
- Steve G’s Twinkle Twinkle Fudge Cake Triumph
And, as Christmas fast approaches, it wouldn’t be Bake Off without our Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Bakers. Inspired by the format of the show, we all voted on the best performers in three categories:
The Signature award, going to the most delicious in the hamper, was awarded to Shelley for her Savoury and Veggie Sausage Roll Assortment. Runner up was jointly: Simon’s Savoury Sausage Plait, Darryl’s Chutney, Brie and Crispy Bacon Festive Puff and Emma’s Christmas Pudding Cheesecake.
For the most creative approach to the brief – in other words the festive favourite that proved to be the most challenging for the baker. Clare won the Technical award for her Malteser Christmas Pudding. Runner up was Liz’s Christmas Pudding Truffles.
And, in a season where the WOW factor is certainly not in short supply, the bake with absolutely the most WOW, the Showstopper accolade went to Clare for her Malteser Christmas Pudding, a double win! Runner up was Simon’s Savoury Sausage Plait.
It was a huge effort by all involved, especially when, at this time of year, there is so much cramming people’s diaries. What the office experienced was a fantastic and creative treat, the result of so much effort and ability. So, we’ve decided we’re going to do it all again next year. The very best of the Season from everyone at Idealogy.